Beet Hummus

As soon as I saw this recipe in Laura Calders latest cookbook I knew I had to try it. There was no photograph in the book but I could imagine how colourful the hummus would be seeing as there are beets in it. In my experience I have discovered that people either love or hate beets. In our house we love beets. We love them roasted, pickled and now in hummus too.
 
 In this recipe there is the addition of pine nuts. These nuts are very expensive and if you don't have any I would experiment with walnuts as an alternative.
This is so simple to make. You simply toss all the ingredients in the food processor, puree and you're done

Ingredients:

1 medium beet, roasted, peeled and chopped
11/4 cups cooked chickpeas
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of one lemon, to taste
salt and pepper

Puree all ingredients in a food processor. Check for seasonings, and serve.


Comments

Popular Posts