Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta



Sunday turned out to be a busier day than I expected and I didn't have a lot of time to cook. I went running in the morning and then a trip to Ikea on Sunday yikes! Then it was off to the Olympium to watch Max swim in a relay event where he and his team won a gold medal. It was an exciting race and Max did a great job.

I have had this recipe bookmarked for a while and thought I would give it try. The ingredients are always in stock in my pantry and it seemed that it would be quick and easy and it was. I served this on top of basmati rice but I wish I had chosen something heartier. The meal was very tasty and I will definitely make it again but I will serve it with either brown rice, quinoa or even farro which I have wanted to experiment with for a while.

The recipe stated it would serve 4 and it was a good thing we were only 4 as there were no leftovers. As usual on Sundays Grandpa Tony was here and Caroline also joined us.

Ingredients:

1 T olive oil
2 medium shallots, diced ( about 1 1/2 cups)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large can of whole tomatoes ( San Marzano are worth it for this recipe)
1/2 t of chili flakes (optional)
1/4 cup of minces flat leaf parsley
1 1/4 pounds of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt & pepper to taste
2/3 cups of feta cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until softened about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil while breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon. reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes until the tomato juices thicken.

Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley and shrimps and season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the cheese melts, about 12 minutes.

Per serving: calories: 295, fat: 10.5G, protein: 34G, carb: 12G, fiber: 2G




Comments

Popular Posts