Spaghetti Pizza

Here is one of my favourite leftover recipes. I learned this one from Bice. Whenever I make spaghetti I always cook the whole package no matter how many I am going to be serving as the leftovers never go to waste. This is so simple and can be made with any leftover pasta even if it has sauce on it. This pizza I made last night was actually some spaghetti with tomato sauce and linguine with butter & cheese mixed together. I served this up with leftover baguette, green salad and a sliced avocado.

Ingredients:

4 cups of leftover pasta at room temperature
2 eggs
1 T olive oil
salt & pepper

In a large mixing bowl add the eggs and whip them lightly. Add the pasta, salt & pepper to taste and toss together. Ensure that all the noodles are evenly coated in egg.

In a skillet heat the olive oil on medium to high heat. Add the pasta mixture and cook for approx 8 minutes. You want it to crisp up. When it is nicely crisp on the one side flip it over and cook for another 8 minutes on the other side. I use a dinner plate to flip the pizza. Slide the pizza onto the plate and then flip it over back into the skillet.

Let it sit for 2 minutes before you cut into it.

You can also serve it with extra sauce if you have any or jardiniere.


Comments

Popular Posts