Homemade Foccacia






I tried this recipe on Saturday and what a success it was. It was super simple. I forgot that I own a Stone and could have used this in place of the cookie sheet. I will try it next time.

Rick and I made sandwiches as Ravi suggested with Procuitto & Buffalo Mozzarella. Renee used the Foccacia as a bread for dipping in her favourite Asiago/Artichoke dip. I am adding the recipe to this post so that the pictures and recipe are together.

Earlier post by Ravi:
Fairly simple and tasty - my bud Rob showed me this one.

Ingredients:
White or whole wheat pizza dough (I use store bought)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp dried Rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Preheat oven to 500f. Coat a large cookie sheet with olive oil. Spread room temparature dough evenly to the edges of the sheet. Coat top of spread dough with more olive oil. Sprinkle on rosemary, salt and garlic salt evenly. Bake at 500f for 5 to 7 minutes (dough should be fully risen). Broil under high heat for 1 to 2 minutes (until the top is a nice golden brown).

Simple and fast! I usually cut it in 6 pieces, eat one and freeze the other five! Goes great with meals as the bread or even cut it through for sandwiches (I put buffalo mozerella, prosciutto, basil inside).

Comments

Popular Posts