Banana Bread




Here is Memere Leblanc's Banana Bread Recipe. When I was kid at the house in Dieppe I can remember Memere making banana bread and she didn't have bread pans like I do. She used two large tomato tins that we would throw in the recycling bin. I wish I had a photo of her that I could add to this post. I am going to look for one and add it at a later date.

Below is Memere's recipe but I often modify it. I use whole wheat flour at times or spelt flour or a combination of both. I also at times use cane sugar in place of white sugar.

Banana Bread

1/2 c soft butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
3 large mashed bananas
2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt ( only if using unsalted butter )
1/4 c chopped walnuts ( optional )

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bread pan. ( I use 3 mini pans )

With an electric mixer combine butter, sugar and eggs. Then add the mashed bananas. Combine the flour, soda and salt and then stir them into the wet ingredients. Don't over mix. Stir in the walnuts and then pour into bread pans. Bake for 45 minutes.


Comments

Popular Posts